Book for Bedtime
A good night’s sleep begins with a relaxing bedtime routine and what better way to wind down for the night than with a fantastic story.
Our specially stickered ‘Book for Bedtime’ titles help you find great tales for that special time of the day. And by buying one, you can go in the draw to win a $100 voucher for The Sleep Store.
The Sleep Store was established as a one stop shop for tired parents. The site aims to provide solutions to calm crying, settle newborn babies, and help babies and toddlers sleep through the night. They sell everything you can think of to aid a restful slumber – from PJs and sleeping bags to comforters and bedding. No matter the age of your child, you’ll find plenty to spend your voucher on.
If you’re struggling with getting your wee one to sleep, the site also has a fantastic archive of incredibly helpful articles, including this one with useful tips for establishing a good bedtime routine (read it here).
The books currently in the promotion are A// Royal Lullabyhullaballoo// by Mick Inkpen, Everybunny Dance by Ellie Sandall, My Hand to Hold by Smriti Prasadam-Halls, Lucy's Book by Natalie Jane Prior, Lion in the Meadow by Margaret Mahy, Ten Little Princesses by Mike Brownlow & Simon Rickerty, Emily Brown and the Thing by Cressida Cowell & Neal Layton, Big Bouncy Bed by Julia Jarman, The Wheels on the Bus and Old MacDonald's Farm by Donovan Bixley, Please Mr Panda by Steve Antony, Rory the Dinosaur: Me & My Dad by Liz Climo, How Many Legs by Kes Gray, Be Brave Pink Piglet by Phil Cummings, Ten Little Dinosaurs by Mike Brownlow, Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andrae, The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend by Dan Santat, The Big Book of Love, by Catherine & Laurence Anholt, Hare & Tortoise, by Alison Murray, The Lion Inside by Rachel Bright, Follow Me! by Ellie Sandall, That's (Not) Mine! by Anna Kang & Chris Weyant, Amazing Daddy, by Rachel Bright, Belle & Boo: Hop Along Boo Time for Bed, by Mandy Sutcliffe, Green Lizards vs Red Rectangles, by Steve Antony, Twinkle Tames a Dragon, by Katharine Holabird and Oi Dog! by Kes Gray, Claire Gray & Jim Field.
If you’ve already bought your ‘Book for Bedtime’, enter the monthly draw below. Don’t forget if you’re one of our lucky winners, you must be able to show proof of purchase to claim your prize.
Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter this competition forms part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Only entries complying with all the Terms and Conditions are valid.
3. In order to be eligible to enter the ‘BOOK FOR BEDTIME: WIN A $100 THE SLEEP STORE VOUCHER’ competition, a participant must be a New Zealand resident. The prize winner will be asked for proof of purchase.
4. You may enter as many times as you wish providing each entry is accompanied by a unique proof of purchase from a New Zealand based retailer for any of the titles included in the promotion. Only one entry per proof of purchase will be accepted. Entries must be completed online on the form at www.hachette.co.nz
5. Book titles included in the competition are as follows:
A Lion in the Meadow (9781444012507), Margaret Mahy
Ten Little Princesses (9781408330128), Mike Brownlow
Emily Brown and The Thing (9781444923407), Cressida Cowell & Neal Layton
Big Bouncy Bed (9781408305447) by Julia Jarman
The Wheels on the Bus (9781869712136) by Donovan Bixley
Old MacDonald's Farm (9781869712303) by Donovan Bixley
Please Mr Panda (9781444916652) by Steve Antony
Rory the Dinosaur: Me & My Dad (9780316263917) by Liz Climo
How Many Legs (9781444910971) by Kes Gray
Be Brave Pink Piglet (9780734415929) by Phil Cummings
Ten Little Dinosaurs (9781408334010) by Mike Brownlow
Giraffes Can't Dance (9781841215655), by Giles Andrae
The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend (9780734416834), by Dan Santat
The Big Book of Love (9781408335987), by Laurence & Catherine Anholt
Hare & Tortoise (9781408313091), by Alison Murray
The Lion Inside (9781408331606), by Rachel Bright
Follow Me! (9781444919462), by Ellie Sandall
That's (Not) Mine! (9781444918335) by Anna Kang & Chris Weyant
Amazing Daddy (9781408331682) by Rachel Bright
Belle & Boo: Hope Along Boo Time for Bed (9781408337097) by Mandy Sutcliffe
Green Lizards vs Red Rectangles (9781444920116) by Steve Antony
Twinkle Tames a Dragon (9781444919653) by Katharine Holabird
Oi Dog! (9781444919592) by Kes Gray, Claire Gray & Jim Field
6. The Promotional Period commences on 27/01/2015 and runs monthly until it closes on 31/01/2017. All entries must be received by (5pm) on 31/01/2017. The prize will be drawn on a monthly basis on the last day of the calendar month. All entries received within that calendar month period will be eligible for that month’s draw. The winner will be notified by no later than the 7th day of the month following the draw date. The winner will be notified by email with the email address provided in the first instance.
7. Hachette New Zealand Limited (the ‘Promoter’), The Sleep Store and its employees and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any person for tampering with the entry process.
8. Prize consists of a voucher for one hundred dollars ($100) to be spent online at The Sleep Store (www.thesleepstore.co.nz)
9. The prize is not transferable, redeemable for cash or any other property.
10. If the Prize winner does not respond to prize notification within one week of being notified (being 5pm on the 7th day after first notification), they will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another winner will be drawn as per clause 6.
11. Neither the Promoter nor any other person or party associated with the promotional competition shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in the promotional competition or with any prizes offered.
12. Acceptance of the Prize is deemed consent for the Promoter to use the Winner's details and photographs for promotional and media purposes.
13. All entries become the property of Hachette New Zealand Limited and following the draw will be destroyed in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
14. All entries must be completed online. Online entrants are identified by the email address used to submit the entry. Any prize won by drawing a participant whose entry was received by email will be awarded to the holder of the email address from which the entry was submitted. The Promoter takes no responsibility for disputes arising as a result of entries submitted by entrants using an email address belonging to any other person.
15. The Promoter of this competition is Hachette New Zealand Limited, 23 O'Connell Street, Auckland Central, Auckland.