Join our team!
We are looking for a book-loving Account Manager to join the Hachette NZ team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and managing sales with key retailers in the lower North Island and South Island. You will be joining a passionate team that are committed to getting good books into the hands of readers around the country.
Working closely with our Auckland-based Head Office team, you will also be happy to work independently and able to travel out of town for five/six nights per month.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Increase sales and maximise promotional opportunities
• Manage entire sales process from presentation of sales materials to tracking sales and returns
• Manage and develop each account ensuring excellent relationships are maintained
• Take full ownership of the territory including identifying potential new accounts and regular assessment on how best to service all accounts in territory
• Ensure marketing and publicity campaigns are supported
• Provide regular and comprehensive feedback to the HNZ team
• Support author activity in territory eg events, signings
Skills and experience:
• A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a Sales or Account Management role
• Passionate about books and keen to read widely
• Previous experience in the book industry is highly desirable
• Ability to think and work analytically
• Excellent attention to detail and time management
• Excellent communication and relationship skills
• Travel in territory is a combination of flying and driving; a valid NZ driver’s licence is necessary, and a car is supplied
Salary and package (including company car and travel expenses) dependent on skills and experience.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 21st December 2018.
Please email email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter telling us why you are the right person to join our team.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.